News & Updates
- What a wonderful screening and reception in Columbus, OH
Thanks to all who came out to see the sold out… fb.me/2ugUKDNPV 18 days ago
- LOST TOWN is on it’s way to Columbus, OH…check out the Columbus Dispatch:… fb.me/2zL1MyMk5 36 days ago
- New Documentary Reveals Rich Community Life of Trochenbrod | A Page in History fb.me/1ELy26RU6 43 days ago
- ohiojewishchronicledigital.com/html5/app.asp?… fb.me/2ZJtLc3AH 44 days ago
- For Those of you in the Columbus, OH area, LOST TOWN will be playing at the Drexel Theater on Nov. 10th at 1PM… fb.me/2qScKrWIq 44 days ago
- Thanks you to all who came out to a SOLD OUT house at The Manhattan JCC! LOST TOWN screens next at a gem of a… fb.me/11uMuq4xO 67 days ago
- To my NEW YORK friends, colleagues, and family: Please join me this Tuesday night for a screening of my film… fb.me/2zf7dcLky 73 days ago
- LOST TOWN is now available for viewing at The Yad Vashem Visual Center Library, located within the museum complex in Jerusalem. 106 days ago
About Lost Town
'Lost Town' tells the story of one man's obsessive search to get closer to his deceased father by uncovering the story of his family's town of Trochenbrod. First made famous by Jonathan Safran Foer's 'Everything Is Illuminated', Trochenbrod was the only all-Jewish town to ever exist outside of Palestine. Trochenbrod's 5,000 Jews were obliterated by the Nazis, except for 33 townspeople who escaped the massacre there. This personal search triggers a resurgence of interest in the town and reconnects the few remaining survivors who hadn't seen each other in over 60 years.
'Lost Town' utilizes contemporary documentary footage, original animation, and survivor testimonials to tell the story of how far one will go to claim their sense of identity.
'Lost Town' was produced under fiscal sponsorship of the Foundation For Jewish Culture and supported by George Lucas’ Skywalker Studios.